1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Is the Galaxy SII going to be the goto phone in December?

Discussion in 'Sprint' started by NewbieX2, Oct 18, 2011.

1. NewbieX2

NewbieX2 Member

I thought I had an upgrade in June that I was about to cash in on, but apparently I was mistaken and I can't upgrade until December. Is there any word on a phone better than the Galaxy SII coming out? Or will that still be my best bet this holiday season?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Samsmalls

Samsmalls Member

There's a few that haven't been confirmed on sprint the new re invented Moto Razor, the Prime, Samsung has a cross between a tablet / cell phone coming but with Sprint confirming LTE rollout in early to mid 2012, id say hang tight! There definitely going to have a huge rollout "flagship" device as they did with htc Evo "the worlds first 4g phone" I believe it was. Just stay tuned...

3. Samsmalls

Samsmalls Member

Keep in mind sgs2 was released on sept 16, by years end the device is almost 4 months old & with in the ever so quickly changing smartphone market, you don't want to purchase a dated 4g device, on what will be a dated 4g network in the process of a LTE make over besides sgsIII well be soon on the way seeing theres an avg of one year between production.

4. randy10786

randy10786 Newbie

It'll be a cold day in hell before I buy a Samsung phone again! Jus sayin

5. Better than the SGS2 by end of the year? Doubtful, unless we somehow get the Prime but that's not going to happen till at least next year. Who cares that the SG will be 4 months old in Dec, it will still easily be the best phone on Sprint and still a top phone anywhere.

6. NewbieX2

NewbieX2 Member

But with this word of a 4G makeover surely there must be a better phone in planning. I used to get an upgrade every year, but no more since they did away with that, so now I must think with a longer term in mind....It will be 2 years until i buy another phone.

7. Its going to probably take close to 2 years for Sprint to actually get it done. They have said they will continue to support the Wimax devices anyways.

8. BenChase7

BenChase7 Android Expert

Ture that it wont be "done" till 2013... but they're on track to have larger 4G LTE coverage than the current 4G WiMax coverage by next summer. Therefore, I think they ment it when they said they have aggressive plans in this network upgrade. And yes.. WiMax will definitely still be supported for a while.

9. Yea, well the ET4G is my favorite phone out of the 6 Android phones I have had on 2 carriers, its awesome. Only way I would give it up is if we got the Prime and it was going to be forever before the ET4G saw ICS.

10. BenChase7

BenChase7 Android Expert

Yup! Love my Epic 4G Touch too!

11. NewbieX2

NewbieX2 Member

Well that's some good news that it'll still be supported. Looks like I'll still be getting the Galaxy SII come December...unless something amazing happens. Keeping my fingers crossed.

12. Citizen Coyote

Citizen Coyote Android Enthusiast

Any phones using Sprint's new LTE tech won't be released until mid-year, concurrent with Sprint's planned initial roll-out of of LTE. Much like their WiMax rollout, I suspect the first Sprint LTE phone will be an Evo released in June. We will probably see a Galaxy Nexus, but it won't appear until mid-year as well. Maybe July?

13. So-Low Da Don

So-Low Da Don Android Enthusiast

Why you mad though!?

14. Citizen Coyote

Citizen Coyote Android Enthusiast

Probably because Samsung's support of their mobile phones after release has been lacking compared to the other OEMs. Hopefully that will change with the Epic Touch, but personally I'm not holding my breath.

15. Orion

Orion Android Expert

Were did you get that from? You have any sources?

My upgrade is next spring. I'm not getting any phone until LTE rolls out. Hopefully the Galaxy S lll will out by then. I would love for it to come earlier than later. Plus I hope the next EVO doesn't disappoint. It will be great to have choices.

16. BenChase7

BenChase7 Android Expert

I just got Sprint's Galaxy S II, and I really like it... but next summer I'll be getting a new Sprint phone that takes full advantage of the Network Vision upgrades and had a 720 resolution screen. Looking forward to next summer!

17. jasonacg

jasonacg Well-Known Member

It seems like nobody is currently building a phone with a slide-out keyboard, except for the aging Epic. Are there any models coming out for those of us who prefer real keys for some applications, or is the format just about dead? And to echo some other sentiments around here, preferably not another Samsung product.

18. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Android Expert

Tmoblie has them all :)

19. simcha

simcha Android Enthusiast

I will never get a Samsung ever again. Now that I know what real support is I will never go back to a company that takes forever to roll out updates that only succeed in breaking something on the phone. Has the ET4G had an update yet? No? I'm just sayin'...

20. What update is the ET missing! We are up to date or ahead of most other devices :rolleyes:

21. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Android Expert

+1 on that.
    Samsung had some issues, but seems like they have gotten it together.
    I mean its not like they have huge gapping security holes like ...cough...cough... HTC...cough.

22. Poweranimals

Poweranimals Android Enthusiast

Doesn't Sprint have the iPhone 4S now?