1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Tips Is the iBolt still the best car dock for the S4?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tspangle88, Sep 1, 2013.

1. tspangle88

tspangle88 Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2010
    I just picked up an S4, coming from an HTC Rezound, which I used extensively in my F-150, mostly Waze for traffic and Torque for engine monitoring. So a good dock is important to me. I currently have a ProClip with an AMPS mount in the truck that my Rezound dock is attached to. I've done quite a bit of searching, and from what I've seen, folks seem to like the iBolt ProDock the best:

Amazon.com: iBOLT xProDock Active Car Dock/Holder/Mount for Samsung Galaxy S 3, S4 & Note 2 with aux-out to car-speakers. Works with ALL cases: Cell Phones & Accessories

But it seems to have some issues with activating car mode and with the connector putting a strain on the usb plug on the phone.

As popular as these phones are, it's hard for me to believe there's not a better car dock on the market for them. Am I missing one?

Advertisement

2. Goodspike

Goodspike Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2010
    Male
    Seattle
    That looks like it's more designed for a horizontal (landscape) use, which is stupid, IMHO, at least if you use your phone for GPS.

I'm currently using the Ram mount, and NFC to change to/from docking mode.

RAM Cradle Holder - Universal X-Grip

I like the fact that it's more universal.

The wife is using one of the generic Proclip mounts, and since that is somewhat adjustable, it also is better than a custom mount, IMHO. We have too many cars to be changing mounts every time we change phones.