• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is the Nexus 4 phone 4G/LTE enabled?

Having looked at the popular Nexus 4 phone @ Search Results : Unlocked Cell Phones, GSM, CDMA, No-Contracts! | Cell2Get, I'm wondering is this cell phone compatible with the fast 4G/LTE wireless cellular network?
The phone has a LTE radio but its not advertised to work. with the stock 4.2.1 rom and radio you can enable it, However with the updated 4.2.2 rom and radio that option is no longer present.

AFAIK it is GSM only, no LTE. Also, the prices on that site are crazy. Try here
https://play.google.com/store/devic...wNV9uZXh1c1VTXzFfcHJvbW9fMTM2MjYwODg0NDY3MSJd

It does have lte but its not really supposed to work.

Upvote 0
The phone has a LTE radio but its not advertised to work. with the stock 4.2.1 rom and radio you can enable it, However with the updated 4.2.2 rom and radio that option is no longer present.

It does have lte but its not really supposed to work.

It would be a beautiful thing if Google (LG) could run the n4 through the FCC again right before T-Mobile flips the switch on it's LTE network....That would put a giant smile on my face 4sure!

Upvote 0
Nexus 5. May just be rumors but the May release (Google's I/O event) has been talked of for months. I think T-Mobile has been listening although their GoSmart Mobile doesn't appear to offer any LTE. Something has to make it valuable for contract folks.

I wish, wish, wish (Fairy Googlemother are you listening?) they would do a Nexus version of the HTC One. It's an absolutely fantastic phone but I couldn't live with HTC Sense after using vanilla Android.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones