1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Is the Note 4 the Pinnacle?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dmunz, Feb 29, 2016.

1. dmunz

dmunz Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 18, 2011
    Houston
    I constantly look at the new phones as they come out but I just can't get past my Note 4. I am rooted and running ancient android (4.4.4) as it were but it just works. The screen is right and with the removable battery and SD card nothing seems better.

I know that "better" is subjective and I'm not trying to dis the N4 )or other phones). I'm just wondering if anyone has found something that makes it worth all the changing and re-rooting hassle.

FWIW
    DLM

Advertisement

2. touringhaggis

touringhaggis Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 29, 2012
    Male
    DevOps Engineer
    Germany
    Hi,

The_Chief mentioned this with reference to Marshmallow which I would look forward to, however, from a hardware standpoint I have no outstanding wishes to be answered. In fact another phone would have to have a seriously killer feature to make me want to jump. Now, I don't know what will happen when my Note 4 starts to fail, but I am hoping that day will be quite far removed ;)

Perhaps, if I were to be picky, swiping to fingerprint unlock is marginally unreliable and a press to unlock could be an improvement, but no killer feature IMHO.

Regards,
    Eric.

AZgl1500 likes this.
  3. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member
    None

Nov 17, 2009
    Male
    I'm retired: every day's a Monday :P
    Manchester, TN
    I've owned the Moro X Pure Edition for about 6 months now, completely stock, and really enjoy it. But I very much miss the Note's features. I'm looking forward to the Note 6 announcement in August. With 6GB RAM, up to 256GB internal storage and a microSD slot, Samsung Pay and other killer features, I will long wonder how on earth Samsung will be able to top it with a Note 7. Right now the Note 4 is the best Note on the market... but I think that is soon to change :)

4. Prof Farnsworth

None

Nov 20, 2014
    Calgary
    As much as I'd love to see a few more software updates I'm doubtful on it. That being said though, there isn't anything current or new that's got me excited or anticipating. I think Im going to stay with my Note 4 for a while after my contract ends and see what comes out.

I've pondered buying a nexus or s6 out right to see how the phone is and how much of a change it is from the note. With my usage, I figure the biggest difference will be no S pen and that's about it

5. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User
    None

Feb 3, 2011
    Male
    Retired and loving it.
    Oklahoma grasslands
    I really like my Note 4, it works just like my S5, only it has a larger screen and "somehow" it just seems to be smoother in operation than the S5...

that is subjective, but to me, the Note 4 has only one drawback... it is almost too big for my shirt pocket, and it is "too heavy" with the Speck Candyshell Grip case.....

sigh...... I still have the S5, but I just can't go back to it..... the screen is "too small".

Samsung Galaxy Note 4

The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 launched in 2014 as the company's flagship phablet. It has a 5.7-inch screen with 2560 x 1440 resolution, 3GB of RAM, and an impressive 16 megapixel camera.