1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Is the S5 a "back pocket" phone?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mudshack, Apr 23, 2014.

1. mudshack

mudshack Lurker

With the size of this phone, one would think it will be hard to fit into the front pocket of jeans. Has anyone carried it in a back pocket, and sat on it? Does it hold up?

Advertisement

2. axel_2078

axel_2078 Android Enthusiast

Not to me, it's not. I'm sure I'd forget about it and accidentally sit on it and even with a case on it, I doubt the screen could hold up to the weight, especially if I'm sitting on something hard like a wooden chair. I find that it fits just find in my front pocket, though it definitely takes up more room than my iPhone 4s did.

3. ec34500

ec34500 Member

I keep it in my back pocket all the time, seems to fit fine!

4. mudshack

mudshack Lurker

Have you sat on it? Like in the car? On the couch? A kitchen chair?

5. jrowlings

jrowlings Well-Known Member

I am generally not a back pocket phone person... for fear of sitting on it. This is true for all phones I've had... From Razr to iphone5 to S5. That said, I have for a brief while back pocketed my caseless (again... for all phones xcept i5 which was too small) S5 without problem. My regular pocket for phones is a front pocket and the S5 is working just fine there.

6. dcap0187

dcap0187 Well-Known Member

Quit wearing (t.a.p.s)aka tight a$$ pants. keep it in your front pocket. Its bound to fail in back pocket.

7. slomosavygirl

slomosavygirl Member

idk, I only tend to put it in the back pocket is when I'm walking. but mostly Its usually out or I'm holding onto it like glue. lol

8. jack58

jack58 Android Expert

Anyone who puts his/hers phone in their back pocket are just plain STUPID! :rolleyes:
    Haven't seen a man do it yet, but lots of women...

9. Crafty

Crafty Android Enthusiast

front pocket works for me, won't put it in my back pocket because I'll forget its there and sit on it...

10. penpen21

penpen21 Newbie

I carry mine in my back pocket all the time, but I remove it before sitting.

ETA: It also fits just fine in the front pocket.

11. jack58

jack58 Android Expert

Only a matter of time... you WILL sit on it. You must be a woman. ;)

12. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

If you enjoy subsidizing Samsung's stock price then sure, slip it right in that back pocket.

And don't forget to light up when you're gassing up your car. :D

13. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User

I never carry anything in my back pockets, much less a cellphone that is as expensive as the S5.

I bought the Speck CandyShell Grip case and it will still fit in my T-shirt pocket. And that is where all of my phones reside. (great thing about the Grip case is the ridges are soft rubber which tends to keep it from being removed from your pocket. By a thief or simply bending over and having it slide out) Samsung Galaxy S5 Cases | Our Best, Protective S5 Cases | Speck Products

The Galaxy S Fascinate (Verizon) had a place to tie a neck strap and I used it faithfully. The one time I forgot to use it, the phone slipped out into the grass and I almost never found it.

I still miss the neck strap as the Speck cases, nor the S5 do not offer a tie point.

Samsung Galaxy S5 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S5 release date was April 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2800mAh battery.

April 2014
Release Date
Reviews