1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Is the Samsung S8 worth it?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Mandroid777, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Mandroid777

Mandroid777 Lurker

I want to buy a new Samsung Galaxy S7 because I really don't see too much a an improvement on an S8. Should I stick to my decision to get the S7?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Mandroid777

Mandroid777 Lurker

I really like your point. However, I have the options between teh S7 (not edge) and the S8 (not plus). Which one would do you think is better, not including the screen size or, is that screen that much better than the S7? Thanks!

3. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±
    VIP Member

Snakeyeskm likes this.
  4. Phalon4

Phalon4 Android Enthusiast

Yes stick to your Samsung 7 because it's been a lot of issues with Samsung 8. Let the phone be out of while before you decide to purchase a phone that's almost $1,000 so they can get the bugs out overtime.

Mikestony likes this.
  5. Mandroid777

Mandroid777 Lurker

I currently own a Note 4. Yes! Your heard it right. I still have a Samsung Note 4 and I've had it for over 2 years and it's hard for me to let go of the size of it. It is giving me a lot of issues already and need to upgrade to a better phone and that's why I can't make up my mind. Screen size and resolution matters to me but speed, efficiency and camera and/or video is a deal breaker to me. What do you guys think?!

dontpanicbobby likes this.
  6. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

I've had an S8+ in hand and it reminded me of my landline. Comfortable but that glass is way more slippery than the plastic landline.

7. Mandroid777

Mandroid777 Lurker

I'm giving you best answer because, among all answers, yours really makes the most sense. I ended up getting the S8 plus with a $400 discount with Sprint and a buyout offer that I could not refuse. Thanks!

Samsung Galaxy S7 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S7 release date was March 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 8890 Octa processor, and 3000mAh battery.

March 2016
Release Date
Reviews