1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Is the USB connector slot area coated with paint that will peel off or is it solid metal?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by spman, Nov 22, 2017.

1. spman

spman Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2013
    May I know Note 8 is the area near the USB C connector a painted area coated with silver paint or is the whole thing a solid metal area? Will the paint that be peeled of due to frequent plug in out of cable scratching the slot area? Is the interior metal material silver metal color if you cut the metal into half?

I am asking this to know if the paint can be chipped or peel off by frequent plug in and plug out of the charging cable. My old phone that area paint is peeled off due to frequent cable plug in/out. If Note 8 will peel USB connector area is coated with paint, I am thinking of using magnetic connector and cables to prevent it from peeling due to plug in/out of the connector head. Thanks.

S4 connector area silver paint peeled off due to frequent plug in/out of usb cable.
    [​IMG]

Advertisement

2. marctronixx

Oct 12, 2009
    34.0522° N, 118.2437° W
    smoke this video over.. maybe it can help...

start around 2:45 minutes in...

spman likes this.
  3. sunking101

sunking101 Lurker
    None

Apr 29, 2018
    Lots/most phones have a nice plastic insert around the charging port to prevent any damage. I can't really see one on my Note 8.

Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Welcome to the Galaxy Note 8 Forum where you'll find help, tips, tricks, accessories, reviews, and more for Samsung's S-Pen enabled smartphone. With a 6.3-inch screen, 6GB RAM, 8MP/12MP front & back cameras and a whole lot more- the Galaxy Note 8 is an absolute BEAST!