1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

is the vibrant hspa capable

Discussion in 'T-Mobile' started by lordmalice, Oct 1, 2010.

1. lordmalice

lordmalice Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    mechanic
    powell
    well is it ........ and do you know what this is cuz im only sure that it is a tmo attack at sprints 4g yet its an upgrade to 3g where as 4g needs new towers this one does not

Advertisement

2. Swizz

Swizz Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Portland, OR
    What you're saying and what you mean are different things. 3G = HSPA. 3.5G(or whatever you want to call it)=HSPA+. T-Mobile's HSPA+ clocks in just above Sprint's "4G" speeds in real world tests.

And frankly, Sprint shouldn't even call it 4G, when it isn't 4G. Sprint's current max is 40Mb/s down; yet it is required that to be 4G you must provide at least 100Mb/s down. T-Mobile skirts that by calling it "4G-like speeds".

3. howetechnical

howetechnical Well-Known Member

While the Vibrant is not an "HSPA+" device, it does take advantage of some of that extra speed. My speed tests commonly show 5-7Mbps download and 1.3Mbps upload. That, my friend, is considerably faster than T-Mo's "regular" 3G speeds (HSPA).

4. jonesla9

jonesla9 Member

Dec 28, 2010
    Is there a Rom you guys are using to get these fast speeds. Mine is rooted but no new Rom

5. goldsend

goldsend Active Member

Jan 4, 2011
    IT Consultant
    Las Vegas, Nv
    I don't think it needs to be rooted for the faster speeds...the vibrant is just capable of more than most other phones. As for being truely HSPA+ capable? I kinda doubt it. I know the rumor mill was saying that it might be when T-mobile was delaying the 2.2 release, but I am willing to bet that it was just T-Mo bashing when peoples blood was up. I have not yet heard of anyone really getting the speeds that HSPA+ is supposed to get and I am pretty sure everybody would be talking about that if it happened.