1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Is the Wildfire performance better on 2.2 than on 2.1

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rpgmaker, Sep 3, 2011.

1. rpgmaker

rpgmaker Newbie
    None

Sep 16, 2010
    I want to know what's the performance of the Wildfire with the 2.2 update. Is it slower after upgrading to 2.2? I can always go back to 2.1 but I don't want to make the upgrade just for the sake of it. Setting up the phone again is a paing in the a**.

Advertisement

2. ORA

ORA Member
    None

Apr 9, 2011
    Electrical contractor
    Cape Town, South Africa
    I upgraded from 2.1 to 2.2.1 and i cant really see much difference, except for a few extra app. No one is going to dance the night away because of the upgrade.
    I think the phone was a failure, better expectations were expected, they did the upgrade thing and its made absolutely no significant difference at all.
    This is my first smart phone, i dont really know what i was supposed to expect, but it does the job in hand and that what matters. So i am satisified with what i got for the price.
    There are guys that root the phone and do get exceptional benefit out of it that way.They are into gaming and stuff like that.

3. rpgmaker

rpgmaker Newbie
    None

Sep 16, 2010
    Thanks for the answer.

I rooted mine and it's not that big a deal. I installed cyanogenmod but it doesn't look well on the wildfire because I think that mod is tailored for phones with a better resolution and screen. The letters and icons look blurry and stuff. What I did is that I installed one of the Wildpuzzle mods. The 2.1 one which is your regular HTC rom with some modifications (I didn't install the extra packages, just installed the vanilla rom the Wildpuzzle guy provides).

Now that I know this I can probably install the 2.2 without problems. Thanks!

Tags: