1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Is the X8 good for entertain??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Siris, Apr 8, 2011.

1. Siris

Siris Lurker
    None

Apr 3, 2011
    elassona
    i am asking this, cause i am going to buy a phone for main entertainment and i search hard...i am asking if this phone is just good..??:D:D:D

Advertisement

2. 2002120141

2002120141 Newbie
    None

Dec 5, 2010
    For movies, not really - it barely works, but it's good enough.
    For music, sure.
    For games, depends on what you're expecting. If you're expecting Handheld console type of games, don't bother. Simple 5 minute games are the best the x8 can offer and unfortunately do - due to its limited hardware.
    It's a good smart phone. Many would say that it's limited or lacking, but I would say that it's perfectly functional - it does what it's supposed to do, to be a smart/mobile phone. It has a few extras, but just enough as to not make you delusional that it's a games console or something like most phones are trying to be like nowadays.

Siris likes this.
  3. gabeyong

gabeyong Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 3, 2011
    To have a decent entertainment phone you must have 3 things, a powerful processor, lots of memory and big high resolution screen. Xperia X8 is not the best, but adequate imho :)

Siris likes this.
  4. mhyke13ph

mhyke13ph Newbie
    None

Dec 18, 2010
    Mechanic
    Baguio City
    Movies - Its more than OK, 3" Screen is good, and Download a Player that will suite your need. Im Using Android Stock Player. I Downsize my Vids to 480x320/480x720 and convert it to mp4.
    Music - Very Loud and Clear Loudspeaker, If you got any High End Earphones/Headphones you won't be disappointed
    Games - Can Handle most games out there, even 3D games like HawX, NFS Shift, Heavy Gunner and Solid 2D Games like Zenonia 1 and 2, Illusia, 3 Kingdoms Tower Defense, and a Lot more.
    Connectivity - It got everything you need.
    Camera - Worst Camera in Android World 3mp with Fixed Focus and Super Minimalistic Settings, but can produce Decent Pictures.
    Software - Android 2.1 Only, but you can root it and Install Link2SD to transfer most user Apps to SD Card, and you can also enable JiT, to slightly improve phone performance having these 2 features enabled your x8 will have a feeling of a Android 2.2
    Hardware - 600mhz, 200 adreno gpu, 212mb Internal(140mb User Available), 176mb Ram(60-70mb User Available)

It's a Budget Phone but it will do what it is supposed to do.

Siris likes this.