• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is there a better free home replacement than Launcher Pro?

Hello there...please I have a questions for you...I have been looking for a nice launcher and read several posts online and everyone seems to be talking about launcher pro, so I decided to buy one on the market. I decided to buy a launcher pro plus hoping that this will even be much better than launcher pro. But I think it is either that I do not know how to use this app or set it up wrongly or what I bought is totally different from the app everyone is talking about. First of all, I do not see what everyone is talking about in term of functions, style and how to even use the app. After downloading the app, all I got is an Agenda Widget with AAW icon and whenever I click on it, it takes me to “Thank you for installing Android Agenda Widget version 1.5.7” and on this page I have changed the setting to my best ability but I still do not know how to use or operate this app to my satisfaction, I added the widget to my home page but the message I got is that “sorry, either you haven’t selected a calendar or there are no events! Click to open the setting…and whenever I clicked on this, it takes me back to the setting page…I have been unable to use this app which I paid $3 for, please any help on getting this app up and running. Is it supposed to run with the stock calendar or differently? I thought this will be a 3rd party app that will allow me to use the task and the calendar differently from the stock one and also able to do more. Please if you can give me a step by step on how to set this up and do more, I will really appreciate it.
Thanks and God bless

Upvote 0
Are you sure it was LauncherPro Plus you paid for?

LauncherPro Plus is basically an authorisation you pay for to unlock the "plus" features of LP. It's done through LP rather than through the market, because many regions still don't have paid apps on the market.

If you search for "LauncherPro Plus" in the market it returns "android agenda widget" as the top result, but I've no idea why - as far as I can tell that widget has nothing to do with LauncherPro. I guess that's what you've installed, and I'm sorry, but I think the blame here lies with the market search throwing up something unrelated rather than the LauncherPro developers.

Install the free LauncherPro, and if you like it, or want access to the extras, then use the link within the app to go pro. And don't blame the LP devs for the market search's error.

Note: I have no connection with the LP devs, other than using their app.

Upvote 0
Are you sure it was LauncherPro Plus you paid for?

LauncherPro Plus is basically an authorisation you pay for to unlock the "plus" features of LP. It's done through LP rather than through the market, because many regions still don't have paid apps on the market.

If you search for "LauncherPro Plus" in the market it returns "android agenda widget" as the top result, but I've no idea why - as far as I can tell that widget has nothing to do with LauncherPro. I guess that's what you've installed, and I'm sorry, but I think the blame here lies with the market search throwing up something unrelated rather than the LauncherPro developers.

Install the free LauncherPro, and if you like it, or want access to the extras, then use the link within the app to go pro. And don't blame the LP devs for the market search's error.

Note: I have no connection with the LP devs, other than using their app.

Thank you, I think that is exactly what happened, I paid for a wrong app. I will uninstall and add launchpro and do as suggested. Thank and God bless

Upvote 0
Go launcher EX +1 my phone likes it the most of any of the home replacements. Next for me would be sweeter home 2, not available on the market, the most customizable of any home replacement apps I have tried. However it got slower and slower likely because the more I figured out how to use it the more study got on my home screens.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones