1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Is there a browser that syncs with Firefox and shows streaming embedded video?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Rb_stern, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Rb_stern

Rb_stern Lurker
    None

Dec 31, 2013
    My preferred desktop browser is Firefox. I was able to download Firefox for Android and sync with my desktop, but on Kitkat, Firefox won't play embedded videos. I searched for a way but got a lot of complex gobbledygook about installing deleted versions of flash. I don't even know if the videos embedded in my favorite newspaper are Flash or some other codec.

Then I tried Dolphin, but I couldn't get either of the 2 methods to supposedly sync with Firefox to work - Xmarks and Dolphin Connect, so I uninstalled it.

Is there an Android browser that seamlessly syncs with Firefox, and allows video, the way that Chrome mobile and Chrome desktop seamlessly sync and also allows video?

BTW, what I do now if I find a new site I want to bookmark on my desktop is to copy the URL from Firefox and paste it into Chrome, then it syncs to Chrome on my Android - but it seems an inefficient way to do it.

Thanks,

Richard (Nexus 5)

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    Firefox plays videos - when it feels like it. But you need the Flash Player installed. Dolphin always plays Flash videos - but doesn't always sync to Flash. Those are about your choices.

"got a lot of complex gobbledygook about installing deleted versions of flash" That's all you're going to get - people still put Flash videos on websites, and the only way you're going to watch them is by installing Flash Player. Since Adobe has stopped dupporting Android, all there are, are "deleted versions".

(To see if a video is Flash, open the page in desktop Firefox. Right click on the video.)

3. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)
    None

Sep 15, 2011
    Male
    monkey
    Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe
    Kitkat finally broke flash.
    There is a modified version of flash that works on Kitkat but only in dolphin browser im afraid :(