1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Is there a call blocker app that completely blocks calls?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Spider_Whistle, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Spider_Whistle

None
    I've got a frustrating situation here, and am hoping I can find an app to take care of it.
    Here's the deal- my number exists in another area code as a commercial number. There's some snafu with the phone company and for some reason the voicemail notifications for that other number come to me. I've spend hours on the phone with them, and there's no way to stop it. Changing the number isn't an option. I had ATT for the last few years, and they were able to block the number, so I totally forgot about the problem. I switched to Cricket this week (running a Samsung Indulge), only to find that they don't have that ability. I receive between 15-20 calls and voicemails from this number EVERY DAY.
    So... I'm hoping something exists that can block all signs of these calls. I've searched around a bit, but from what I've found so far, all of the programs either allow the caller to still leave voicemails, or they notify you every time a call is blocked. Plus the reviews are mixed at best, nearly every one complaining that the blocker stopped working after a short time...?
    I'm willing to pay for something that works, as this is driving me nuts!

Thanks for any input!

Advertisement

2. sudored

sudored Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 15, 2010
    I use gblocker.

3. Goreygirl

Goreygirl Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 20, 2010
    Female
    Occupational Health Advisor
    Kildare, Ireland
    Mr Number offers a "answer and hang up" option and you can turn off the notifications. I've been using it for months now and it still works

4. AngryHatter

AngryHatter Android Expert
    None

Jan 21, 2011
    QA Admin
    SoCal
    All of these solutions will fall short as the phone first has to receive the call before action can be taken.
    Google Voice?

5. Spider_Whistle

None
    Thanks for the input, I'll look into all of those options!

6. janpetras

janpetras Well-Known Member
    None

May 24, 2011
    ~/jan/
    Mr. Number also offers the option to send all calls to voicemail.

You know I just realized it's sad, we call them smart phones but my Nokia 3310 back in 2000 had the option to block all calls....

7. Spider_Whistle

None
  8. Sokudo Ningyou

Sokudo Ningyou Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 8, 2010
    Female
    SE Wisconsin
    Call Blocker is what I use, and it only vibrates (if you chose it to) to alert you it's blocked a call; you can direct the phone to either hang up immediately, or send it to voicemail. My only problem is that it's not capable of blocking prefixes, I.E. 1-800 numbers; you need the whole seven digit number or it won't block. Or you can block unknown/unlisted numbers wholesale.