• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is there a call blocker app that completely blocks calls?

S

Spider_Whistle

I've got a frustrating situation here, and am hoping I can find an app to take care of it.
Here's the deal- my number exists in another area code as a commercial number. There's some snafu with the phone company and for some reason the voicemail notifications for that other number come to me. I've spend hours on the phone with them, and there's no way to stop it. Changing the number isn't an option. I had ATT for the last few years, and they were able to block the number, so I totally forgot about the problem. I switched to Cricket this week (running a Samsung Indulge), only to find that they don't have that ability. I receive between 15-20 calls and voicemails from this number EVERY DAY.
So... I'm hoping something exists that can block all signs of these calls. I've searched around a bit, but from what I've found so far, all of the programs either allow the caller to still leave voicemails, or they notify you every time a call is blocked. Plus the reviews are mixed at best, nearly every one complaining that the blocker stopped working after a short time...?
I'm willing to pay for something that works, as this is driving me nuts!

Thanks for any input!

Call Blocker is what I use, and it only vibrates (if you chose it to) to alert you it's blocked a call; you can direct the phone to either hang up immediately, or send it to voicemail. My only problem is that it's not capable of blocking prefixes, I.E. 1-800 numbers; you need the whole seven digit number or it won't block. Or you can block unknown/unlisted numbers wholesale.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones