• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Is there a debloat list?

Anything metro
All play apps except market
Goole drive, maps, keep, photos, hangouts and chrome
Calculator, calendar, non Google email

You will loose some services (I.e. third party email.)
Remember to dump data and cache of anything you delete so you don't leave dead space (memory filled with useless stuff).

Also, I would use titanium backup (free) to check the listed status of apps and avoid deleting anything that shows up red

Upvote 0
all of the Metro apps show up on the red list.. web browser etc I know those usually aren't supposed to be removed unless you have a valid replacement in the system.almost everything except for my user installed apps show up as red and some of the green apps I don't know if green means OK to delete but I know from past experience that deleting some of the things listed as green in titanium backup such as the home launcher and metro browser caused problems... does anyone have an actual list of things they have deleted on the stock rom and not caused any problems?

Reactions: hammerdroid
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones