• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is there a decent option to sync desktop Outlook with an Android phone?

... Like you, i don't necessarily want all my info flowing thru Google, but i might just have to bite the bullet. :(
Alas, since half of my calendar data contains company confidential info that's clearly a no-no for me.

For the moment I am using DejaOffice and CompanionLink but I am looking forward to PocketInformant which I used and liked a lot on my previous WM device and of which an Android version should become available somewhen in September.

I guess having to limp along for the time being with one of the available, still only half-baken solutions is the price we have to pay for being "early adopters" (although, I'ld say we aren't THAT early any more...).

Michael

Upvote 0
Alas, since half of my calendar data contains company confidential info that's clearly a no-no for me.

For the moment I am using DejaOffice and CompanionLink but I am looking forward to PocketInformant which I used and liked a lot on my previous WM device and of which an Android version should become available somewhen in September.

I guess having to limp along for the time being with one of the available, still only half-baken solutions is the price we have to pay for being "early adopters" (although, I'ld say we aren't THAT early any more...).

Michael

I had bookmarked gsyncit for when I got my droid, but ironically my laptop with all my contact data in outlook bit it about the same time and I haven't actually gone back to outlook. The default calender on my X does just about everything I want for appointments.

Just curious are the contacts you want on an exchange server or your personal PC? If they are on a personal PC there are already security issues.

The reason I'm asking is because exchange support for android seems better than support for single PC sync.

http://www.daveswebsite.com/software/gsync/ is the developers webpage for gSyncit.

Upvote 0
tried all the options mentioned above ..

Outlook <-> gsyncit <-> Google <-> Device

works perfectly .... have a few issue that one has to deal with

1. The gsyncit is scheduled to run every x minutes .. so there is a bit of lag
2. Had about 2000 entires in the calender so that was taking a lot of synch time , the way around it is to get gsyncit to only update +/- 15 days every x minute so performance was not really an issue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones