1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Is there a easy app to sync Outlook Note's

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by larsenracing, Sep 22, 2011.

1. larsenracing

larsenracing Newbie
    None

Sep 19, 2011
    Continueous Flow Manager, FireFighter
    MN, Worthington
    So as the title states if there a way sync this easily to an Android devise? As you can tell new actually don't have the phone yet ordered today and here tomorrow. Trying to get away from BB for business.

Someone on here recommended me TaskSync to do the tasks which tried on my CEO's Zoom and worked great.

Advertisement

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor
    None

SugarSync or DropBox. Install them on your PC, then on your phone. On DropBox, just copy your files (ANY FILE) to the dropbox folder, then when you open DropBox on your device, you can see these files. SugarSync would let you sync the specified folder to your device, the folder and all its contents would appear under the "my sugarsync folders" in the file manager of your tablet.

However the issue would then be finding a nice OneNote app for Android. I think MobiNoter is the only existing one.

larsenracing likes this.
  3. larsenracing

larsenracing Newbie
    None

Sep 19, 2011
    MN, Worthington
    I willl give these a shot. Will SugarSync work with the phones as well as the tablet? Also it up date automatically when the folder has been updated?

As for the Note pad in Outlook I want something that will sync back and forth between my pc and the bionic automatically to keep these updated both places.

4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor
    None

There is a sugarsync app specific for Android. Just download it off the market. You need the app on your phone and the program on your PC for it to sync.

As for Outlook Notes, that would be a problem if you have a Motorola device. Motorola for some reason did not include a sync software for their phones among their services, unlike Samsung, HTC, or Sony does. You'd need to buy CompanionLink.

EDIT: I forgot to mention. The files in sugarsync folders in the phone and tablet would be updated depending on how often you set the phone's app to sync. You could set it to sync automatically every hour or so. And you can manually sync it if you need the file right then and there. Its automatically uploaded to servers though so all computers (I have my phone and multiple computers syncing to my Sugarsync account) will be synced automatically. The phone doesnt do that as if it would be doing active sync like computers it would drain the battery that much faster.

5. larsenracing

larsenracing Newbie
    None

Sep 19, 2011
    MN, Worthington
    Alright sounds good. So will it be a pain to sync my email, calender and contacts from my Outlook?

Is the SugarSync secure? So like safe to sync stuff from my server at work?

6. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor
    None

Calendar and Contacts are easy, if you are not averse to syncing them to Google Contacts and Google Calendar on the web. Sync Outlook to those, and your phone will automatically download them to the phone, as long as you are using the same Google account of course. Email, You can see all received emails on both Outlook and your phone, but I am not so sure for sent items, unless you specifically set your Outlook to sync with the sent folder on your email account.

As for sugarsync security, I only have school notes up there so security is not an issue for me, but you can read these to see if the level of security they provide is enough for you:
    How Safe and Secure are Online Backup Solutions?
    https://sugarsync.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/201/~/sugarsync-security
    Data and File Security - Secure Online Backup - SugarSync
    Dropbox vs. SugarSync: A Synchronized Duel - SmallCloudBuilder

EDIT: I almost forgot, since I advised you already to buy Companionlink, it also syncs contacts and calendars along with notes.

7. larsenracing

larsenracing Newbie
    None

Sep 19, 2011
    MN, Worthington
    Ok is there something else that will simply sync the Note's to the droid. It's fine if its an app that just does this.

8. muchogo

muchogo Lurker
    None

Jul 9, 2011
    I've been using gSyncit for contacts, calendar and tasks. AND now Outlook notes. gSyncit can sync your notes with Toodledo, Dropbox, Evernote, and Simplenote. I personally sync with my free Evernote account and it works flawlessly.

To set up Evernote, I created a separate notebook for my Outlook notes and set gSyncit to sync Outlook notes to that notebook.

I use Evernote on my Bionic for quick, on-the-fly notes, but they don't (and I don't want them to) sync to my Outlook notes.

I'm thrilled with this solution from gSyncit.

9. larsenracing

larsenracing Newbie
    None

Sep 19, 2011
    MN, Worthington
    I don't really need the other stuff. The Calander, email, and contacts sync simply from my outlook. I have a nice app that syncs the Tasks greatly but just need my note's.

My be just as easy using the ZumoCast and create a simple word doc to house these notes.