• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is there a Efficient way for deleteing contacts

Baska

Lurker
Dec 27, 2011
I have ~ 900 contacts many of which are mutiples,

My issues is my phone has been rather slow/laggy and i fear it is because of this.
However, in my day i do not have that time to individually delete each one. and if i try to do it through GMAIL I have to individually delete each person also.

Is their and app, or a file location on the android where i can go through and select and delete these through my computer.
or am i destined to sit here for hours and comb through this rampant contact list.

Thanks!

Is their and app, or a file location on the android where i can go through and select and delete these through my computer.
You can do multiple contact deletion easily on your computer by logging into your account at Gmail.com. Open your contacts, put a check in the box on the left of those you want to delete, go to 'More' in the toolbar above and select 'Delete' from the drop-down menu.

Your contacts list is probably not what's slowing down your phone though.

Upvote 0
I have ~ 900 contacts many of which are mutiples,

My issues is my phone has been rather slow/laggy and i fear it is because of this.
However, in my day i do not have that time to individually delete each one. and if i try to do it through GMAIL I have to individually delete each person also.

or am i destined to sit here for hours and comb through this rampant contact list.

Thanks!

I think you can format your phone,thus,it can help your delete your contacts soon.

Upvote 0
I think you can format your phone,thus,it can help your delete your contacts soon.

But as soon as he signs back on to his Gmail account, all the contacts are re-synced.

To the OP: What you can do is go into Gmail, export your contacts. It'll save a file on your computer. You can then open that file in excel and delete the repeat contacts that way. Then save and import the contact list.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones