• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Is there a "folder" app to organize the home screen?

Sideman

Jan 16, 2012
ᴡᴡᴡ.sideman.okkh.xyz
Just wondering if there's an app that lets me put app icons in a grouping arrangement on the home screen. For instance, I'd like an icon labeled "Games"...and when I click on it, I show all the game apps that I have put there. Maybe another one labeled "Office" where I could store all the office related apps. And so on and on...

The home screen is nice, but it gets very disorganized. And trying to use the 5 scrollable screens for organization doesn't work well enough.

I've been looking but haven't found anything like this yet.

Anyone have a tip??

Well, I answered my own question. After searching lots of threads about launchers, organizers, etc., I found Folder Organizer. All I wanted was to organize my home screen into groupings of like apps. I don't want, or need, all the extra functions the launchers provide.

The developer, Fabio Collini, did a great job of staying focused on the purpose of the app, and didn't throw in any extra, unnecessary, crap. It's clean, quick and to the point. I like that a lot.

Now I have a nice looking (after adding a couple icon packs) home screen and can find any app easily. No more scrolling through 5 screen to find that certain app.

Happy camper here!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones