1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Is there a good voice messaging app out there ?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Android Question

None
    Hi all. I'm new to the forum, just hope there is someone out there who can help with this.

I use a pretty good instant messenger app called Line which has an audio function that lets you send voice messages. However, you have to hold your finger down on the screen in order to record the message, and then as soon as you take your finger off the screen, the message is sent. I think its called "touch and send" or something. I don't like that !!

I used to use an instant messenger app called Touch, which had a FAR better audio function where you just pressed "record" and you could talk for up to 10 minutes (without holding your finger down on the screen), then press stop and either play it back, delete it, or send it. That was PERFECT ! But they've shut down the server and basically discontinued the app.

So my question is - does anyone know of an instant messenger app that lets you send audio messages WITHOUT having to hold your finger down on the screen ? I've searched and searched but I'm danged if I can find one anywhere ! I'd be really grateful if anyone knows of one and can let me know. Oh, btw I am using a HTC One M8.

Advertisement

2. girolez

girolez Often Off Piste

May 29, 2011
    Male
    Retired
    Les Gets, France
    Hi

Well, you could use a simple voice recorder app (there must be one on HTCs as a stock app) to record and review your recording and then share the file to Line or other app. I normally use Telegram (which has the send when released feature you don't like) and sharing a voice recording to it works fine.

3. DavidTheSeagull

None

Mar 19, 2016
    Male
    Hi girolez, thanks for the reply.

I tried that...I used the Easy Voice Recorder app, and shared it to Line Keep - but then when I go into Line Keep, all that's there is a message saying "Shared via Easy Voice Recorder for Android", along with a link to the Playstore to download the Easy Voice Recorder app. The actual recorded message itself doesn't seem to transfer to Line.