1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Is there a map app that doesn't force pandora to close?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by ShaggySparx, Apr 30, 2016.

1. ShaggySparx

ShaggySparx Lurker
    None

Apr 30, 2016
    Male
    Im a pizza delivery driver so i need my maps open almost all the time and i also like listening to pandora but pandora closes after about 30 seconds when i go back to maps. Is that a problem with pandora or the map and is there any workaround for this?

Advertisement

2. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Android Expert

Feb 3, 2011
    Male
    Retired and loving it.
    Oklahoma grasslands
    Sorry, your map app requires a constant Data Stream via your DATA channel.

and, so does Pandora Radio....

You can have one or the other, not both.

I suggest you load up a bunch of MP3/4 music and forget about Pandora Radio.

3. kate

kate Dreaming of Bugdroid.

Not sure what's causing it to close, but it's possible to not use any data with some navigation apps that let you download entire maps beforehand using WiFi. Since the map is already on the phone no data is used for GPS navigation. NavFree and MapFactor are two.

Google Maps can also work offline by downloading maps in advance, but you can only download a small area (one city for example). Look for the options in the settings.

4. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Android Expert

Feb 3, 2011
    Male
    Retired and loving it.
    Oklahoma grasslands
    I should have mentioned that if you would install CoPilot USA and install all of the maps on the SD card, it will never need DATA again. via WiFi please, takes a long time.

that would allow Pandora to be happy.
    If you want the Drive by turn by turn audio from CoPilot, the upcharge is only $9.99 which I happily paid.

CoPilot is the Premiere map app for showing you close by attractions, like Restaurants.
    they are already loaded on the SD card, and it lists them in order of Closest to further out.

I just used it yesterday to find a new place to eat, and what a thrill it was to find a great little mom and pop deli.

* CoPilot GPS - Plan & explore! - Android Apps on Google Play

KOLIO likes this.
  5. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    Doesn't Pizza Hut or Papa John's or whatever provide you with a device, for finding where they want their pizzas delivered?

6. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    Curiously, what device do you have? I can run Waze and Spotify together on my Note 2 and S7Edge together no issues (they're similar enough to what you are using I think), but on my Galaxy V, they can't run together. Spotify closes the moment Waze starts navigating. I figured this must be a RAM issue (the V only has 512mb RAM and 4GB memory), so it may be the same for your case.