• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is there a music app that lets me use all buttons?

outoutlook

Lurker
Jun 11, 2011
Even my nearly antique Dell Axim and my little Sansa Clip are worlds easier to use as mp3 players than my Samsung Galaxy Android phone. All I want is for all the hardware buttons to be able to control functions of the mp3 player when the music app is running and the display is off. I've tried the standard mp3 player in android, Winamp, Music Folder Player, Double Twist and Mort Player. I would like to be able to use the settings or options in the music program to assign alternate functions to the various buttons and switches on the phone. As it is now if I am listening to a podcast and I want to back up a bit. I have to press a button ,swipe the display to turn the display fully on, then fiddle with a slider etc. I'd like to be able to back up, go forward by increments,pause,switch tracks and delete tracks using only the buttons.I don't need to see the album art.Thanks for any tips.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones