1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Is there a music app that makes albums play like a CD? (explanation of what I mean in the OP)

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by jameslieb1, Dec 27, 2013.

1. jameslieb1

jameslieb1 Lurker
    None

Dec 27, 2013
    Male
    I'm gonna do my best to explain what I mean, and I think the best example I can use is this. Say I downloaded an album of a live concert (for example, Metallica's S&M) or a studio album on which each song flows into the next (for example, Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon). If I try listening to the songs on the album, in order, on the default music app, there is a brief pause between each song. But if I listen to the same album in CD form on a stereo, it is a continuous stream of sound with no breaks between each song. Is there an alternative music app that will play albums in this way?

Advertisement

2. dvhttn

dvhttn Android Expert

Oct 17, 2010
    I wish ....
    Sunny Cornwall
    You want to search for 'gapless playback'. But can't help with specifics .....

Dave

3. DebbieM

DebbieM Lurker
    None

Dec 26, 2013
    Middle of Nowhere, FL
    I've stopped trying to listen to Abbey Road and Dark Side of the Moon because of this issue. If you find something that works, please post.

4. SkyJackpot

SkyJackpot Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 25, 2012
    You could search for an application called PowerAmp in the Google Play store and setting the crossfade length to a small amount in the settings. This music player doesn't stop.

[​IMG]

5. pdqgp

pdqgp Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 17, 2013
    Male
    Sales Director

^^ This. PowerAmp is one of the best sounding apps I've found. The Equalizer and sound enhancements are terrific.