• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help is there a root/mod that resembles stock?

Hi there,
First off thanks to all who do this work on this stuff!
I have rooted: samsung prevail, nookcolor

So my question is: is there a stock looking/acting rom or mod that I can use if I root my wife's ZTE Warp? She has the freezing up issue a lot and RAM is fine, not running a lot of apps, it's not hot, etc.

If there is a fix without rooting: ideal!

But if I root, I would need it to resemble stock as she is not tech friendly at all, as she would get too frustrated trying to figure it all out again.

If this makes sense to anyone please help. She hates her new phone but she loves it when it works well.

Hi there,

So my question is: is there a stock looking/acting rom or mod that I can use if I root my wife's ZTE Warp? She has the freezing up issue a lot and RAM is fine, not running a lot of apps, it's not hot, etc.

But if I root, I would need it to resemble stock as she is not tech friendly at all, as she would get too frustrated trying to figure it all out again.

If this makes sense to anyone please help. She hates her new phone but she loves it when it works well.

The issue with this phone is the kernel so you will need to root/go custom to resolve that issue. Just about all of the ROMs resemble stock so I don't think you will have much issue with that. n00b ROM (mine) would be a great one to go to but there are many great ROMs out there that would get the job done.

Reactions: jasonl
Upvote 0
Hi there,

YES!
Try Tweaknation ROM. It is basically a stock rom that was optimized by a developer Chevanol before moving on. So almost everything looks the same.

http://androidforums.com/boost-mobi...94-rom-base-tweaknation-1-0-0gm-released.html

Upvote 0
You will have to root to fix the problems. But thats easy as one click. Is it possible guys, for him to root only and flash a kernel. Just root and add cwm, twrp , then just flash a kernel to the stock rom?

Since the problem is kernel related ? And he wants to stay stock anyway.

Yep, totally possible :)

Upvote 0
Hi there,

Hi Jason! And welcome to the forum!

To do what LilBit suggests, this should be everything you need. You can flash your choice of CWM or TWRP custom recovery (both include root in the package) then restart, boot into the recovery you just flashed by holding the volume down button during startup, then flash the Alien Kernel (or another of your choosing) and you should be good!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
thanks again for the advice.
I ended up using the NOOB rom, every thing seems to be functioning well except the wi-fi won't connect now. It goes through obtaining ip address and then says "disconnected/remembered" and then it starts all over again obtaining ip address.
Any ideas?
wifi still working for all other devices.
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL
J

Upvote 0
I ended up using the NOOB rom, every thing seems to be functioning well except the wi-fi won't connect now. It goes through obtaining ip address and then says "disconnected/remembered" and then it starts all over again obtaining ip address.
Any ideas?
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL
J

And a Merry Christmas to you as well! :)

So far as the wi-fi issues, I'm drawing a blank. N00b has a history of being rock solid... have you PMed Mr. Bobo on that one? When all else fails, ask the dev! lol

Upvote 0
Any ideas?
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL
J
I would recommend resetting (unplug) The router, sometimes routers get confused when you flash a new rom...

Reactions: jasonl and LilBit
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones