• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

is there a simple voice wakeup?

Both of these allow you to ring the phone from a command on a website ...

Android Device Manager – free – remotely track your phone if lost or stolen – remote Factory Data Reset
Android Device Manager (Android) – enable capability on device
Android Device Manager (Website) – control device from website
Cerberus – paid – remotely track your phone if lost or stolen – remote Factory Data Reset – remote take picture
Cerberus (Android) – enable capability on device
Cerberus (Website) – control device from website

... Thom

Upvote 0
Both of these allow you to ring the phone from a command on a website ...

Android Device Manager – free – remotely track your phone if lost or stolen – remote Factory Data Reset
Android Device Manager (Android) – enable capability on device
Android Device Manager (Website) – control device from website
Cerberus – paid – remotely track your phone if lost or stolen – remote Factory Data Reset – remote take picture
Cerberus (Android) – enable capability on device
Cerberus (Website) – control device from website

... Thom
thanks Thom
i thought something like this

Upvote 0
Always-listening voice recognition really needs to be implemented in a phone's hardware for it to function without a significant battery hit. Many recent Nexus devices, for instance, support the "OK Google" hotword even while the screen is off. With those, you could theoretically shout from across the room and hear it beep to indicate it's ready to listen to a command. I may try that when I get home - I'm sure my wife will love it!

If you're looking for a pure software approach, however, I haven't played with any that I could really recommend. Without dedicated hardware to be able to listen for the hotword without keeping the rest of the system awake your phone's battery would likely be dead before you found it.

Reactions: Gaia
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones