• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is there a Tasker profile to disable the security lock when docked?

I've got a profile to silence the phone when docked at night so that only selected contacts ring through, and a simpler one that starts Pandora when I plug in my headphones. Now for something else.

Is it possible to build a profile that will disable the lock screen and security pattern when the phone is placed in a dock? I use a multimedia dock at my bedside and have a vehicle dock and find it annoying that I have to slide the security lock and put in my security pattern before I can use the phone at my bedside or in the truck, particularly when I'm driving. I'd like to build a profile that either overrides the security timer or turns off the lock screen and security pattern whenever the phone is docked.

Can this be done? Phone is un-rooted Droid X.

Thanks,
Mike

I've got a profile to silence the phone when docked at night so that only selected contacts ring through, and a simpler one that starts Pandora when I plug in my headphones. Now for something else.

Is it possible to build a profile that will disable the lock screen and security pattern when the phone is placed in a dock? I use a multimedia dock at my bedside and have a vehicle dock and find it annoying that I have to slide the security lock and put in my security pattern before I can use the phone at my bedside or in the truck, particularly when I'm driving. I'd like to build a profile that either overrides the security timer or turns off the lock screen and security pattern whenever the phone is docked.

Can this be done? Phone is un-rooted Droid X.

Thanks,
Mike

Should be, method depends on if you are running Gingerbread or Froyo (Gingerbread changed the access method..

On my stock Atrix (2.2 Grrr) I use Set Keyguard off to disable the Fingerprint scanner lock.
When I had my Nexus One (stock, 2.3.3) I used the paid plugin Locale Password Lock (by Willem Stoker) to disable my PIN lock. He also has a Pattern plugin that should (I presume) work for you; if you hit problems with it I've found him very responsive to bugs in the past.

HTH

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones