1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Is there a TPU case with covered buttons and small cutouts?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jaydee77ca, Aug 20, 2012.

1. jaydee77ca

jaydee77ca Well-Known Member

Hi,

I'm still looking for the perfect Galaxy S3 case for me and am wondering if perhaps the forum can help. I'm looking for the following:
    1. Thin, TPU case (not hard, not silicone soft, not bulky)
    2. Covered buttons (not cut-outs)
    3. Slight raised lip on the front (to keep the screen off the table)
    4. Keeps the camera lens off the table also
    5. Small, individual cut-outs around the flash, camera, and speaker (not one big one)
    Does anything like this exist? The closest I have been able to find so far is the Speck CandyShell. It's close, but still quite bulky. I was hoping to find something thinner more along the TPU lines.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. hvrc

hvrc Android Enthusiast

Belkin tpu cases at wally world or target. I have one on now and it's exactly what you described. Also check the cases thread for more brands. I'm looking for another like this one but hard for a secret project.

3. pdl2mtl90

pdl2mtl90 Member

4. Hogan773

Hogan773 Android Enthusiast

Verizon also sells the Belkin case in Dark Blue - it has covered buttons but its $20.

5. Dr Beavis

Dr Beavis Lurker

definitely Cimo S-Line. i got a clear one from Amazon for $8.50-ish including shipping: Amazon.com: Cimo S-Line Back Flexible Cover TPU Case for Samsung Galaxy S III S3 (AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon, US Cellular, International) - Clear: Cell Phones & Accessories
    i was looking for exactly what you described, and got exactly that. plus, ignore all those statements about the usb hole not being large enough to accommodate the plug from the usb wire enclosed with SGS3. it fits just fine as long as the case is put on correctly.

6. bigslam123

bigslam123 Newbie

TPU/PC Hybrid Case + 3x Screen Protector Combo for Samsung Galaxy S3 S III i9300 | eBay This is what I bought. It meets all of your criteria perfectly. And with the frosted back, you can still see the back of your phone and the logos and color.

7. sean76

sean76 Android Expert

OK I know your looking for one that covers the buttons, as I was when I got the S3.

But when I kept running into crappy cases I decided to just try a Diztronic TPU case, and all I have to say is...WOW! Best case I've ever owned ...the look and feel is second to none IMO.

You can also check out Cruzerlite TPU cases, but if I had to give a Grade A case recommendation, I'd have to give the Diztronic Matte finish TPU cases the nod.

8. Hogan773

Hogan773 Android Enthusiast

+1

I love my Diztronic...nice and clean professional look, doesn't add bulk, and should add some protection.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews