1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Is there a trick to adding a contact?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dchicks, Nov 30, 2009.

1. dchicks

dchicks Newbie

My Droid is set up to sync with my GMail account and contacts. That seems to work just fine. However, I tried to add a contact directly on the Droid this morning and it simply would not take it. I tried several times, but my new contact would never show up in the list after I pressed "Done" on the edit screen.

Am I missing something? Or, am I now doomed to have to add contacts through GMail? That would suck.

Thanks,
    Dave

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. knipknup

knipknup Newbie

I am able to add contacts by going to phone/contacts/menu/add contact. It worked.

3. dchicks

dchicks Newbie

I was able to work it out so that I could add contacts, but I had to reset my phone to get it there. I think it had something to do with having both Google and Facebook accounts syncing contact data. The second time around, I configured Facebook NOT to sync at all. Now, I can add contacts.

4. knipknup

knipknup Newbie

I have FB sync all and can add. The reboot probably fixed it. You should try again with the FB sync.

5. mkibrick

mkibrick Member

I know that the phone will automatically match new contacts with old contact information. The phone might have been auto-syncing the new contact with a FB contact under a different name (b/c of shared email, last name, other reason?).I had a heck of a time adding new contacts through Gmail b/c I ended up deleting their contact info on my phone b/c of this feature.

Motorola Droid Forum

The Motorola Droid release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 256GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews