1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Is there a TWRP recovery available for the Warp?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DimBulb, Jan 6, 2013.

1. DimBulb

DimBulb Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 31, 2012
    Minnesota

Advertisement

2. TritonDroid

TritonDroid Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 18, 2012
    http://teamw.in/project/twrp2

3. VTENGR

VTENGR Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 30, 2010
    The easiest way, in my opinion, is just to download GooManger from the play store. Once its installed, you just hit the menu button. One of the options off the main menu should read "Install recovery script" or something to that effect. If your phone is supported, it will automatically download the latest TWRP and install it on your system.

If you don't have a custom ROM already installed where you can reboot into recovery using the power menu, than you need to turn off your phone. With the phone off, hold down power and the volume down and volume up rocker (this if for the Galaxy Nexus, your phone might/will be different). This will boot your phone into the Andriod development screen. From there you can use your volume rockers to choose to either boot in fastboot, recovery or normal (and some other options I can't remember off the top of my head). If you want to make a nandroid backup you need to boot into recovery. That's when TWRP will show up.

If you need more guidance from there, just let me know.

4. junkie2100

junkie2100 Android Expert
    None

Mar 11, 2012
    Male
    damn, i never even saw this thread before... i guess we already covered this question tho. there is no twrp for the warp sequent, the warp maybe but not the warp sequent and they wouldnt be compatable, we could make one but it seems kinda pointless seeing as we already have cwm. i know you know dimbulb, but i figured i would warn others about that, and the fact that you shouldnt use that link to try to get info about this phone, that is for the htc evo lte and has nothing to do with us

so to hit on the bullet points
    the answer is no
    dont install anything you dont find in the warp sequent section
    and what goes for one device has nothing to do with the next, the cwm superr and i put together was found to have one bug, it was fixed two days after its initial release, and since then i havent heard of any persistent issues, merely the occasional hiccup which is to be expected

and thank you vtengr for trying to help out btw, but unfortunately for us we are the only supporters of this phone, there will never be an official build of anything, if we want it we gotta make it ourselves... :(