• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Is there a voice phone dialer app the really works?

So far the best one I have found that works with / without Bluetooth headset is Cyberon Voice Commands. While it is $5.99, it's well worth it. Knowing I only had 15 minutes, I put it through various testing and so far it's working to my expectations. Much better than the built in dialer which is lacking several features (including confirmation).

just downloaded from market. works perfectly. besides recognizing all the names i throw at it, i love that the "Please say command" voice is clear and LOUD - all things the native voice command is lacking.

thanks for the heads up! :)

Upvote 0
just downloaded from market. works perfectly. besides recognizing all the names i throw at it, i love that the "Please say command" voice is clear and LOUD - all things the native voice command is lacking.

thanks for the heads up! :)

Yep. I tried all the free ones, they didn't work to well. The built in dialer is really bad (shame on you HTC!). I remember the first time I tried using it. It just beeps, (barely over BT headset). I stated: "Call Home" and it thought I said: "Calling 867-5309 Jenny".. I was like what? Don't call a phone number from the 80's!

YouTube - 867-5309/Jenny, LIVE

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones