1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Is there a way to auto block threads whose title includes a phone number?

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box & Feedback' started by dontpanicbobby, Jun 27, 2017.

1. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member Thread Starter

********************* love problem solution baba ji in Assa

[[[[[Lucknow]]]]]?????*********************?????- LoVe PRobLem sOLutION BABa JI Lucknow

LOVE PROBLEM SOLUTION BABA JI+********************((LOVE PROBL LOVE PROBLEMEM SOLUTION BABA JI PUNJAB))

#1 dontpanicbobby, Jun 27, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2017
    Daniel Fernandes and Phalon4 like this.
  2. Best Answer:
    Post #14 by Unforgiven, Jun 29, 2017 (3 points)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

3. Daniel Fernandes

Daniel Fernandes Android Enthusiast

I think there's no way other than waiting for the mods to delete it... But that guy seems to do this every day...

mikedt likes this.
  4. Daniel Fernandes

Daniel Fernandes Android Enthusiast

I think there's no way other than waiting for the mods to delete it... But that guy seems to do this every day...

5. Other forum software allows mods to block posters by IP address. In that way at least the miscreants can't repeat their offences from the same address.

6. mikedt

mikedt 你好

May not be too effective, blocking by specific IP address. Myself, I'm accessing AF from many different IP addresses all over the world. Today my IP address is in Hong Kong, tomorrow it might be in Los Angeles or Tokyo or something. Obviously I'm a legit AF user. :)

Daniel Fernandes likes this.
  7. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

We are aware and working on it. Thanks.

Pro tip: Linking to or quoting spam just helps the spammers.

Hadron, psionandy, mikedt and 2 others like this.
  8. dontpanicbobby

So here's what I do. I report the spammer then click on their username to bring up their profile page. Then click on ignore. I just hope they don't have a legitimate problems in the future cause I'm not un-ignoring them ever. The cheeky buzzards seriously harsh my mellow.

Hadron and Daniel Fernandes like this.
  9. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

They're more than likely to be bots so if they do have issues in future they're on the wrong type of android forums for help anyway :p

10. Phalon4

Phalon4 Android Enthusiast

I think the site administrator or the moderators can assist us with that issue because I can't see those post as a question nor a issue but to only to annoy the members. I know that one or more of the moderators have seen that because I accidentally started a thread in the wrong place and it was quickly moved to the lounge with in seconds. So I don't know why one of them is not up on those question mark phone number post right now?

11. DaisFlaque

DaisFlaque Android Expert

Hey guys... maybe you could get a small group of active users and use them like a goon squad against this. Only permission they get is to delete these spams. (Of course never permanently delete.. Have a mod review the deletions before setting them in stone)

Daniel Fernandes and mikedt like this.
  12. mikedt

mikedt 你好

AF had it before actually with forum "guides", who could move obvious spam posts to a private trash-can and out of public view, and then the mods could ultimately deal with the spammers. But it was taken away when AF was revamped.

DaisFlaque likes this.
  13. DaisFlaque

I know. I was a guide for years. :D:D:p

dontpanicbobby and Thom like this.
  14. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Those of you who've quoted the spam here: could you edit to remove the numbers? As Unforgiven says, the spammer's objective is to get their information out on the web and picked up by search engines, so copying it in posts that we aren't deleting is doing their work, even if we are doing so in the context of discussing spam.

I wouldn't worry about that: do you think that the bot accounts used for spam bombing like this will ever be allowed to post again? ;)

Unforgiven likes this.
  15. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

There are multiple tools and layers of protection in place to capture and prevent spam from hitting the public space of the forum. Discussing these only gives the spammers a roadmap to defeat our defenses.

No matter our efforts, some spam will get through. What you see is only a small amount of the spam we see on a daily basis. We are lucky that most times the spam that does get through is highly visible, easy to find, and easy to deal with. The best thing members can do is hit the report button and let us know where it is.

16. Phases

Phases NO LONGER ADMIN

lol, love problem...

DaisFlaque and Daniel Fernandes like this.
  17. dontpanicbobby

Love problem is nothing next to Black Magic... :rolleyes:

18. mikedt

mikedt 你好

I always preferred Milk Tray to Black Magic.
    milk tray.JPG black magic.jpg

Daniel Fernandes and DaisFlaque like this.
  19. DaisFlaque

Lol.. What ever happened to calling it chocolate?..
    I am a big fan of calling it what it is... If the kettles black... I call the kettle black. ^_^

20. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Those chocolates have always been called Milk Tray and Black Magic, for as long as I can remember.
    1960s ad "All because the lady loves Milk Tray."

DaisFlaque likes this.
  21. DaisFlaque

Hahahha omfg even came out with the video!:D #takeTHAT