• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is there a way to disable "S finder" from the menu button

I'm already acustomed to using the long press menu button for Google Now coming from a Note 2 and S4.

On the note 3 it defaults to the s finder which I have yet to have the need for.

I have a Verizon Note 3 I'm not sure if this is carrier specific or not.

It's not carrier-specific (tried it on my Sprint Note 3 before replying). Unfortunately, that may be one of the things that you have to wait for root on (that or install a different launcher). I don't remember seeing any options in the settings to change the long-press behavior of any of the buttons, but it's also possible I missed them.

I'm not too impressed with the "My Magazine" feature being accessible about a thousand different ways (okay, that's a bit of an exaggeration), but other more helpful features like Google Now are very well hidden, can only be opened one or two ways, and doing so practically takes knowing the phone inside and out.

Upvote 0
It's not carrier-specific (tried it on my Sprint Note 3 before replying). Unfortunately, that may be one of the things that you have to wait for root on (that or install a different launcher). I don't remember seeing any options in the settings to change the long-press behavior of any of the buttons, but it's also possible I missed them.

I'm not too impressed with the "My Magazine" feature being accessible about a thousand different ways (okay, that's a bit of an exaggeration), but other more helpful features like Google Now are very well hidden, can only be opened one or two ways, and doing so practically takes knowing the phone inside and out.

I use Nova launcher prime so I don't have the my magazine swipe up anymore but the s finder doesn't change ..

Upvote 0
I use Nova launcher prime so I don't have the my magazine swipe up anymore but the s finder doesn't change ..

I use Nova Launcher Prime as well, you can disable the My Magazines app. In Nova settings go to gestures and buttons and select the Long-press Menu option and change it to Google search.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones