1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Is there a way to disable the screen sensor when on a call

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Rico ANDROID, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Rico ANDROID

Rico ANDROID Android Expert

Mar 10, 2011
    Streaker By Birff
    In Cell Phone SIMetery
    When connecting to a call i want to stop the black screen. I try to select the keypad responding to auto-menu-options and screen goes black when i get near. i have to switch to speaker just to keep it displayed.

Advertisement

2. maire5

maire5 Member

Jul 31, 2018
    I was told to keep from accidentally disconnecting my calls that I should make the screen go black. Have not been able to make that a habit and I disconnect calls quite often. Just too dumb for using a cell phone I guess!

Rico ANDROID likes this.
  3. Daniel Fernandes

Daniel Fernandes Android Enthusiast

Aug 20, 2016
    Male
    Student
    Goa, India
    Open the phone and disconnect the sensor?

Might be hard but it's possible if your phone has screws...

Rico ANDROID likes this.
  4. kokiangel

kokiangel Android Expert

Nov 12, 2009
    Female
    Banker
    Helena, Alabama
    I use an app called Stay Alive which can set individual apps to keep the phone awake. I usually use a bluetooth or speaker when on calls though and don't worry about disconnects just the screen going black or dimming. That is annoying. It can also be set to keep the phone awake (not to dim) while on a charger which makes my phone a wonderful clock when on its wireless charging stand.

Rico ANDROID likes this.
  5. Rico ANDROID

Rico ANDROID Android Expert

Mar 10, 2011
    Streaker By Birff
    In Cell Phone SIMetery
    Hi @maire5 i don't know why i didn't get notifications that there were responses here :D. i was under the impression that it would auto-email me replies.

Yup i can be on a call and need to respond to a menu option to get to the next prompt but every time i move the phone from my ear and get ready to touch a key the sensor blackens the screen. By the time i find the spot that doesntbactivate the sensorbthe call may hang up due gonna response :D

Sorry @Daniel Fernandes for the slow reply buddy! :D Id hate to break something if i open this thingy :D

Hi @kokiangel i do that also . i turn on speaker but sometimes don't want those around me hearing my call

6. maire5

maire5 Member

Jul 31, 2018
    To be quite frank, I have found the cell phone experience overall to be very lacking for what it costs. The convenience of having a readily available means of communication is many times surpassed by the lack of service consistency and reliability. What good is it to make a phone call when the call drops all the time or you can't even get a connection to begin with? And "Can you hear me now?" stopped being humorous a long, long time ago.

Rico ANDROID likes this.
  7. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    FWIW I've only ever seen the screen proximity sensor disabled once on a phone, and that was caused by a buggy custom ROM on an Oppo Find 7 I had. I don't believe there's any way to disable it otherwise, short of rooting and a suitably modified custom ROM, or physically cutting the sensor somehow.

#7 mikedt, Oct 28, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
    Rico ANDROID likes this.

Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Welcome to the Galaxy Note 8 Forum where you'll find help, tips, tricks, accessories, reviews, and more for Samsung's S-Pen enabled smartphone. With a 6.3-inch screen, 6GB RAM, 8MP/12MP front & back cameras and a whole lot more- the Galaxy Note 8 is an absolute BEAST!