1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

is there a way to force a recovery boot from powered off?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by scotty85, Sep 4, 2011.

1. scotty85

scotty85 Extreme Android User

first let me say that im an HTC guy. im messing with this droid 2 for a friend of mine(im the phone guy in my circle of friends ;)). ive rooted it(several times) and installed bootstrap,and for the most part it works flawlessly,as long as the flash is good and it boots all the way. i can reboot,boot to recvery from bootstrap,from rom manager,or from cm7s power off menu.

however if something goes wrong and it hangs at the M logo,only thing ive been able to do is sbf it back and start over :mad:

if it had a real recovery,issues would be easy fo fix. i read on koush's notes that in this situation,it should boot you to recovery on your next boot after a battery pull,but this is defiantely not happening.

is there some way to force it to boot into the pretend recovery when it gets hung up at the M?? :thinking: getting tired of sbfing every time it does it.

thanks for any insight :)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. biggiesmalls657

biggiesmalls657 Android Enthusiast

As explained before, you need to turn the phone off. Then plug the phone Into a wall. Then do a quick battery pull and insert it quickly back. Otherwise stock recovery is your best bet.

scotty85 likes this.

Motorola Droid 2 Forum

The Motorola Droid 2 release date was August 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

August 2010
Release Date
Reviews