1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

is there a way to get a true do not disturb mode (other than airplane)?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by LCSulla083, Mar 27, 2021.

1. LCSulla083

LCSulla083 Lurker

This forum quickly solved my playlist problems and I'm hoping that the folks here might solve this problem.

The hardware/software: Note 20 Ultra/Android 11/Oneui 3.1

My question: is there any way to activate a mode that's more like the Galaxy S5's blocking mode? I.e. one that is more of a true do not disturb? My problem: even when DND is on, the ringer (albeit silent) still comes up (accept/decline) even when it's not an accepted exception (contacts). The S5's blocking mode didn't do that. There was nothing other than a notification of a missed call if the caller's not on the accepted list. If the caller's not on the allowed list, I don't want the phone app popping up.

I turned off pause while there's a phone call in poweramp, which solves the immediate problem, and I sabotaged the ringer by blocking pop-up notifications, but that makes it hard to answer the few wanted calls.

If I can solve both this and the intermittent phone mic muted while the dongle's in and making a call program, then most of my Note 20 Ultra problems will be solved.

gaykvadkantibhai likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Shut off your mobile data in your quick settings

3. LCSulla083

LCSulla083 Lurker

Yes, but I'm looking to mimic the S5's blocking mode; the wanted calls (whether it be contacts, etc.) come through normally. The pop-up ringer wouldn't show up for non-approved callers.

It's a shame they downgraded the do not disturb mode. They had it right in 2014.

4. Brian706

Brian706 I like turtles!

On my pixel 5 if I longpress on the dnd icon, it pops up a settings menu with all kinds of customization.

There are options to block notification pop-ups for calls as well as messages. There are options to make exceptions for no one, contacts or favorites.

This is a stock Android feature, so should exist on your device unless Samsung removed it.