1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Is there a way to hide the staus bar?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by eventhorizon, Sep 3, 2011.

1. eventhorizon

eventhorizon Lurker

I have had my TF for just over a week and am generally quite pleased with it except for the status bar eating up too many pixels at the bottom. I use Citrix to log into some work applications and that eats up some more space at the top and, in that scenario, a lot of screen real estate is wasted. Any thoughts or solutions?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Sorry, but the status bar must remain or else you'd have no way to hit the return, home, and multiple apps "buttons" on the bottom left. With the dock connected you have the physical buttons, so I guess they could have an option to hide when docked, but without the dock your tablet would get stuck in screens without a way back to the home screens. I suppose they could make it slide down when not used, and slide back up with a swipe or something, but as it is right now, you can't remove it.

3. eventhorizon

eventhorizon Lurker

Sliding out would be just perfect, just like the thumb navigation feature on the browser which is quite slick. ;-) anyone with programming skills want to tackle that one?

Thanks for the response.

4. Doit2it

Doit2it Android Expert

I found this app in the Market:
    TabletBar Hider
    It hides the status bar in landscape, but not profile, so you have to turn your tablet 90 degrees to see the status bar.
    Your tablet has to be rooted for it to work. I haven't tried it.

5. eventhorizon

eventhorizon Lurker

Now I just have to wait for a one-click-root app and I'm golden.

ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Forum

The ASUS Eee Pad Transformer release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 10.1" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, and Nvidia Tegra 2 T20 processor.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews