• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help is there a way to increase storage space?

Baumbe

Lurker
Aug 14, 2011
I tried to download the weightwatchers mobile app on my new samsung mesmerize and got a message that there was not enough room on my device. This is my first smartphone. Is there a way to increase the space on it? I just got it, so other than my contacts a few pictures and a few apps, I haven't put much on it.

You should have an app on your phone called Task Manager. Open it up. You will see 4 categories across the top. Click on Summary. It shows how much Program, Personal data and External SD card memory is being used. Maybe you have used up more memory than you are aware of. The Weight Watcher app should be able to be stored on your SD card.

You can also go to: Settings>Applications>Manage Applications and click on your most often used apps and clear the cache buildup. This will free up some of the memory.

Upvote 0
Even if you do all of that, there may still be some apps that you can't download. Samsung, for some reason, put a smaller download cap on these phones than the Android Market's cap. A single app download can't be more than 50MB or you will get the error.

I have never tried to download the WW app, but I would be surprised if it was that large. Usually its games and other heavy graphics apps that need that large of a footprint.

Check and see how many apps you have installed to your phone's memory. As 2acclaim and kmf have suggested, move as many apps as possible to your SD card, and see if that solves the problem for you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones