1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Is there a way to Install LineageOS nougat?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AlinTecsan, Jan 17, 2021.

1. AlinTecsan

AlinTecsan Newbie

Hi i want to know if i can install the LineageOS and the gapps on the tablet.I have the required files the TWRP , LineageOS 14.1 and the Gapps so how i install them so i need to backup the os then wipe the partitions

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

are they made specifically for your device? if they were made for another device, twrp and lineage will not work and you could brick your device.

MrJavi likes this.
  3. AlinTecsan

AlinTecsan Newbie

what ROM work for my device i need an nougat upgrade.

4. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Well you just said you had a Lineage ROM, so the question is was that ROM built for this model of tablet? That's the key requirement for any software, it must be built for your device, not a different model. It's particularly important that the recovery (TWRP) is built for your model, because flashing a TWRP that was built for a different model could mess your tablet up very badly.

I don't know this device, so I don't know about ROMs or software built for it. I'd suggest seeing whether there is a subforum for it over at XDA-developers: if there is then you should be able to find the software you need there, and instructions for flashing it.

How you install software can vary between devices. The general rule is that you unlock the bootloader then use a program called "fastboot", which you install on a computer, to flash TWRP (or other custom recovery) to the device. You can then back up the current ROM and flash the new one using the custom recovery. Note that on most devices the process of unlocking the bootloader will factory reset the device, so make sure you back up before you do that. But it may be that there is a different approach for this device, you'll need to find someone who knows this model to answer that if so.

MrJavi, AlinTecsan and ocnbrze like this.
  5. ocnbrze

and from the looks of it there is no twrp or lineage os for your lenovo tab 2 a7 10F

MrJavi, Hadron and AlinTecsan like this.
  6. AlinTecsan

AlinTecsan Newbie

i don't have any method to upgrade to nougat custom rom i guess,no one from xda will reply yet

7. ocnbrze

yep there is no way as of right now, and most likely will not be. your device has absolutely zero dev support.

just remember no dev=no fun.

get another device that has a better dev support

MrJavi likes this.
  8. AlinTecsan

AlinTecsan Newbie

ok i have a duplicate device model 2 device with the same model.I think not to install rom in other device in samsung i have already android 10 in my note 10 lite :)
    Ok fine.

Lenovo TAB 2 A7-10F Forum

The Lenovo TAB 2 A7-10F release date was January 2015. Features and Specs include a 7.0" inch screen, 0.3MP camera, 1GB RAM, MT8127 processor, and 3450mAh battery.

January 2015
Release Date
Reviews