1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Is there a way to make bluetooth headphone control something other than stock music player?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by PetriesLast, Jul 20, 2011.

1. PetriesLast

PetriesLast Newbie
    None

Jul 16, 2011
    I recently picked these up:

Amazon.com: Rocketfish Behind-the-Head Bluetooth Stereo Headphones - RF-BTHP02: Electronics

And they're working splendidly, except that whenever I use the built in controls it turns on the stock music player. I prefer WinAmp as it works great between my PC and phone, and would vastly prefer not having to switch music players, though I may do so if the controls can only be used for that one. Does anyone know how I might be able to change such a thing?

Advertisement

2. nuclearbier

nuclearbier Lurker
    None

Jan 4, 2010

I have the Motorola S9 HD BT headset. I have no issues using them with Winamp. The only suggestion I have for you is to make sure your settings in winamp are correct. Particularly "Control Headset" should be checked. Hope that helped.

3. Unicorn512

Unicorn512 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 21, 2010
    Male
    Idaho
    Have you tried Plug in Launcher? (in the market)

It always bothered me that the Droid stock music player got launched every time I selected BT on my car audio. I wanted Pandora or DoubleTwist to launch, but there was that annoying stock music player!

Since I found Plug in Launcher, I can control what gets launched (or not launched) and what additional actions to take, like adjusting vol.

The Pro version for 99 cents is a bargain in my view.