1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Is there a way to open notifications with a single tap?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Graham shoe man, May 14, 2021.

1. Graham shoe man

After switching from an iphone to a pixel last year, everything is great except for one thing - why do you have to double tap to open a notification ?! It seems so pointless and is the only time a double tap is used in the whole OS. I've searched everywhere and no one seems to have mentioned it anywhere online, but is there a way to make it so they open with just a single tap?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Brian706

Brian706 I like turtles!

Which pixel do you have and do all notifications make you double tap or just some of them?

I've had the Pixel 1,2 & 5 and I don't have to double tap notifications when the device is unlocked or from the lockscreen.

Dannydet and ocnbrze like this.
  3. Graham shoe man

Hi,
    I've got a pixel 5 and the same thing happened with my pixel 4. It happens with every notification when I try to open it from the lockscreen, where it asks me to tap the notification again if I only tap it once.

4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

do you have accessibility turned on? usually you have to double tap to open up things like that.

Dannydet likes this.
  5. Brian706

Brian706 I like turtles!

I think it's a lockscreen thing. The second tap unlocks the screen and goes to the notification. I'm guessing you don't have a password set on the phone? It's sort of how you just swipe up to unlock.

In the same fashion, I have a fingerprint security on my phone and if I tap a notification, it doesn't open until I unlock the device, then it goes right to it. (so I tap the notification and then use my fingerprint).

I don't believe there's any way to bypass the lockscreen and just go straight to it with one tap.