• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is there a way to open notifications with a single tap?

After switching from an iphone to a pixel last year, everything is great except for one thing - why do you have to double tap to open a notification ?! It seems so pointless and is the only time a double tap is used in the whole OS. I've searched everywhere and no one seems to have mentioned it anywhere online, but is there a way to make it so they open with just a single tap?

I think it's a lockscreen thing. The second tap unlocks the screen and goes to the notification. I'm guessing you don't have a password set on the phone? It's sort of how you just swipe up to unlock.

In the same fashion, I have a fingerprint security on my phone and if I tap a notification, it doesn't open until I unlock the device, then it goes right to it. (so I tap the notification and then use my fingerprint).

I don't believe there's any way to bypass the lockscreen and just go straight to it with one tap.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones