1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Is there a way to remove ads in android apps ?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Madaro, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Madaro

Madaro Member
    None

Nov 10, 2011
    Hello,
    ok 1st of all,my problem isn't in the ads themselves.The problem is that I have to connect to network to use most of the apps(not talking about apps like facebook/browser ofc).I don't have WiFi at home because my router is wired but even if I got a wireless router,I still can't use these apps outdoor.WiFi isn't available in most of the regions here,its only available in restaurants & coffee shops which means I have to pay every single time I use these apps unless I'm if I'm in a restaurant.So,is there a way to remove ads ?even if there's,does that mean I won't have to connect to network ?

Advertisement

2. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie
    None

Nov 4, 2009
    Sales
    The Sea of Tranquility
    If you root your phone, there are apps like Adfree that will remove most ads. I don't think this will resolve your main issue, which is that many apps need data connectivity to work properly.

3. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Android Expert
    None

Feb 9, 2011
    Making you wonder?
    Lone Star State

+1

and some apps have ads in them, and if you want them remove that require you to purchase them.

4. Madaro

Madaro Member
    None

Nov 10, 2011
    Even silly apps like these:
    https://market.android.com/details?id=com.motionportrait.ZombieBooth&feature=top-free
    https://market.android.com/details?id=com.outfit7.talkingtom&feature=top-free
    https://market.android.com/details?...=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImdwci5hcHBzLmNvZGJvZ3VucyJd
    need network ?Why ? I just don't get it...Why would that ''cod guns'' app for example need internet connection ?

Edit#1:Look what I found
    http://dottech.org/mobile/android/f...s-from-accessing-the-internet-with-droidwall/
    I think this 1 can do it...not sure tho.
    Edit#2:Well,I think it can block apps from accessing the internet but is it going to work ? Again,I'm talking about silly apps.

5. claus1953

claus1953 Well-Known Member
    None

May 11, 2011
    Yes it does work, i am using it myself.

6. darkuni

darkuni Android Enthusiast
    None

I believe blocking ads is everyone's right - as long as you're also willing to pay if an alternative is available.

So, let's say you have a game .. Malicious Peacocks (anyone takes that name, I expect a royalty check hehhehehe) ... It comes in ONE form - ad-supported. I'm not obligated to look at your ads, pay the extra data fees, etc. My conscience is clear (YMMV). Now if there is a FREE/ad-supported app and a pay version - and you play the free version with blocked ads, I find that being a scumbag. Pay for your app.

Devs? You listening? How hard is it to nuke that ad code, throw up a second copy and charge $1 for it? Almost everyone I know will pay a reasonable price for non-app laced version of the game.

That's my story - I'm stickin' to it.

7. UssjTrunks

UssjTrunks Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 10, 2011
    You weren't going to click the ads anyway. I think the developer gets their revenue from the ad company regardless of whether users block the ads or not.

I don't know how the business works though, so I could be wrong.

If it was illegal, it wouldn't be on the Market.

8. darkuni

darkuni Android Enthusiast
    None

It's possible the rules of engagement with ad banners has changed.

There used to be payments for IMPRESSIONS (very little), payments for CLICKS (a little more), and payments for CLICK THROUGHS (best paying). If the ads were blocked, there would be no impressions, clicks or click throughs.

But I'm a dinosaur in this department.

9. Madaro

Madaro Member
    None

Nov 10, 2011
    Well,I need to root my phone to use it.Is rooting safe ? I know it voids warranty but I believe that I can unroot it if I wanted to give it to Samsung for whatever reason.

Edit:I found a way that might work.I can just go to my wireless settings and uncheck ''data enabled''...I ll try it when I get home.

10. Joe Dirt

Joe Dirt Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 1, 2010
    work for the man.
    TEXAS

I block ads and popups on my computers, how is it different?