1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support Is there a way to remove bookmarks from the widget?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Kalle99, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Kalle99

Kalle99 Newbie

If one accesses "shortcuts" on the Galaxy S, one can select Bookmarks. This presents a screen with saved bookmarks and some that I think were pre-loaded. How does one delete/remove bookmarks from this screen? Pressing and holding the unwanted bookmark just drops the bookmark onto the home screen. There don't seem to be any options to remove unwanted ones.

Advertisement

2. steeharry

steeharry Newbie

start your web browser, then select your bookmarks. you can press and hold to delete them now.

3. Kalle99

Kalle99 Newbie

The galaxy S Vibrant from T-Mobile that I have must work differently.
    The only way to get to the bookmarks is via the shortcuts menu that appears when one does a long prass on the home page. Preseing on a bookmark places its icon on the home page. One can delete the icon, but there seems to be no way to get rid of the stored bookmark itself. Lots of prompts to add a bookmar, but none to delete any. It's not really a problem now, but over time I can forsee things getting a bit crowded if there's no way to remove the ones one doesn't need. Tried your suggestion. Fired up the browser and the held down on the bookmark, to no avail.
    Sniff...!

4. Kalle99

Kalle99 Newbie

My humble apologies. I've just figured it out. Problem was I didn't know how to access the bookmarks from the browser. Was doing it the idiotic way via the shortcuts menu.
    Thanks for your good advice and, I hope, patience....

5. SCLerer

SCLerer Lurker

But how DID you do it?

6. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Android Expert

See that little button on the top right corner of your browser? The one next to the url? Press it. That brings up a screen with all the bookmark. Long press on a bookmark and select delete.