1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Is there a way to restore my notes from Samsung Memo app?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by techsavvy01, May 7, 2016.

1. techsavvy01

techsavvy01 Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2014
    Male
    New Jersey USA
    I wiped my s7 clean few days ago. Stupid me forgot to turn on sync memo in samsung account settings and it did not backup or sync my memo notes. I thought the sync was on for the memo app and I thought the Samsung backup in backup and reset would backup memo notes without turning on sync. So now I think I'm screwed and lost all my notes. I also backed up my apps through google. I found out Google backup only backups google apps and apps I installed through google play store. Another way I backed up my phone was connecting my s7 to computer backing up locally on my hard drive. I did not know about smart switch program for PC. So I just backed up through windows explorer s7 portable media device, selected all folders and transferred all folders from s7 phone storage to my computers hard drive. Is there a way to get my memo notes back from the backup files on my computer hard drive?

Advertisement

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    Nope. Most likely they aren't there at all. The Memo app is a system app, and most app data are hidden in the system partition which can't be seen on Windows Explorer. Just take this as lesson learned. You may want to use Google Keep instead of Memo.

3. techsavvy01

Sep 27, 2014
    Male
    New Jersey USA
    So in my situation there is no way I can get my notes back through the cloud nor through local backup windows explorer?

4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    Well the question would be, did you save them in the cloud in the first place? You didn't. You mentioned you didn't sync them. So they're not in the cloud. Your old memos could be if you synced them before. But the recent ones that were not synced aren't there.

And no the local backup exists on your computer. Think of it this way. Your phone has Drives C and D. C is invisible, and your notes are in there. You've been backing up D, not C. Hence, you don't have backups of your notes.

5. techsavvy01

Sep 27, 2014
    Male
    New Jersey USA
    I do use Google Keep. I have been using keep long before I used Samsung memo app. I should have copied and pasted the notes from samsung memo to google keep :(