• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Is there a way to send a message to email?

photogman

Dec 15, 2011
What I'm trying to do is to dictate a message using the android messaging app that comes with Nexus with the voice option. Then I want to send that to my email rather than a SMS phone number. What I will do then is to cut and paste the text into a report from my email.

Is it possible with the little green messaging app or perhaps using another app. Thanks!

You can also use google's voice actions (hit the microphone on the google search widget). Activate and say "note to self, message: your message." This will compose a message that when you hit send, will show up as a message in your gmail with a copy of your voice recording. There are other shortcuts to get to voice actions pre ICS; maybe someone else can chime in with those.

Upvote 0
What I'm trying to do is to dictate a message using the android messaging app that comes with Nexus with the voice option. Then I want to send that to my email rather than a SMS phone number. What I will do then is to cut and paste the text into a report from my email.

Is it possible with the little green messaging app or perhaps using another app. Thanks!

You can also dictate it directly into email. when you bring up the keyboard to type the email, click on the microphone in the keyboard and dictate your message.

Upvote 0
I am trying to send a text to email on my new Samsung Galaxy Nexus (without a data plan), and when I do it converts it to an MMS and says "sending" but it never goes through. WHat gives? I used to be able to do this from my Blackberry no problem. Is there some setting I have to adjust ? Do I now need a data plan to do this?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones