• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Is there a way to tell the phone is charged?

Skryre

Nov 21, 2011
Hey guys, quick question here about the Nexus. I've been trying to charge it up and then let it die before recharging it as a few on these boards have recommended, however I also don't want to overcharge the battery too much, but as far as I can tell if the phone is not on, there's no way to tell if it's charged all the way or not.

My old phone had an LED that would go from orange to green when it was fully charged, anything like that on the Gnex I'm missing or do I just have to hope it's charged?

~Skryre

Hey guys, quick question here about the Nexus. I've been trying to charge it up and then let it die before recharging it as a few on these boards have recommended, however I also don't want to overcharge the battery too much, but as far as I can tell if the phone is not on, there's no way to tell if it's charged all the way or not.

My old phone had an LED that would go from orange to green when it was fully charged, anything like that on the Gnex I'm missing or do I just have to hope it's charged?

~Skryre

Don't worry about overcharging it. You can try one of several different apps that will do this for you. Liteflow from maket (lite free version) is nice :)

Upvote 0
I've got liteflow installed.... but I can't really seem to make it work for me. It might be too intelligent of an app for me.

~Skryre

Or rather you're too intelligent for the app ;)

Lightflow has some settings that are crucial to it working right. iirc they are all there within the app and explain it fairly well. You could always try going to the developers website for support and see what you can find.

Upvote 0
I'm assuming the OP is looking for an indication from the LED without turning on the screen.
I had battmon X on my Droid X. I had it set to have the LED always on and green while charging, and always on and white when charged.
Light flow isn't doing that and battmon X doesn't work on the Nexus for this purpose.

Upvote 0
My guess is that you were playing with Light Flow while the phone was plugged in. I can't confirm this, but from my testing I've concluded that for Light Flow to activate, it needs to sense a change in state of the phone AFTER you make the changes and exit the app.

Example:
Phone is plugged in. Open Light Flow. Tell Light Flow to flash orange LED while plugged in. Exit Light Flow. Turn screen off. Phone is still plugged in but LED will NOT flash because the "state" of the phone (plugged in vs. unplugged) has not changed - it has been plugged in the the entire time.

Phone is unplugged. Open Light Flow. Tell Light Flow to flash orange LED while plugged in. Exit Light Flow. Plug phone in. Turn screen off. LED should now flash because Light Flow has been able to detect that the phone changed from the unplugged state to the plugged in state.

Reactions: jbdan
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones