1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root is there a way to wifi tether in ap mode and not ad hock, droid 1

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kernal dave, Feb 22, 2011.

1. kernal dave

kernal dave Newbie

i have a first gen droid and want to run my wifi tether in ap mode and not adhoc running gingerbread 2.3.2 gpa12, slayher kernel 1200 v1.6

Advertisement

2. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Android Expert

Nope, not on the D1 at least. I know apps like Sprint's official tether app for the Evo do infrastructure but I'm not sure if android-wifi-tether or Barnacle do it on the Evo or if they're limited to ad-hoc as well.

kernal dave likes this.
  3. teddyearp

teddyearp Android Expert

And this is correct. It has been said that there is a hardware limitation in the A855. The closest you _might_ get is to try this (read the whole thing):

TBH: Droid 3G Hotspot NVRAM Hack

good luck

kernal dave likes this.
  4. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Android Expert

As far as I can see though, that's only for the D2 and DX.

5. kernal dave

kernal dave Newbie

same here, i think i'll pass on trying to load that file, thanks tho it was an interesting read tho, i'll ask them on the other thread tho maybe they will have some good answers why you can't

6. kernal dave

kernal dave Newbie

didn't have to ask, its already in the thread

7. teddyearp

teddyearp Android Expert

And that is why I suggested to read the whole thread. I does work for the A855 Droid 1.

8. kernal dave

kernal dave Newbie

There is only zip files for x&2. In the theard, last one of the first page, some one ask if it works for driod one and they responded back, no, it lack the right hardware, I think in the early parts of of the design it was ment for all motorola, but not all the phone got the hardware, that's what I got of it.