1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Is there a WiFi - On and Off - Toggle Button on the UI Interface? - For Android 2.2?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by abourne, Jun 7, 2010.

1. abourne

abourne Well-Known Member

2. joseamirandavelez

joseamirandavelez Well-Known Member

Are you sure you have a Hero?

3. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Android Expert

if you're using 2.1, then yes, there's a widget for toggling wifi on/off. Add it the same way you add any other widget, and it's under the "settings" widget selection

4. abourne

It is 2.1.

I see a Settings widget button, but it's not the as the simple "On/Off" button I had before.

Interestingly, in on of the scenes, it had it setup, but I can't find a way to get it through the menu.

To be clearer:

I have the Blue WiFi button retrieved through the widget. This takes me to the WiFi Settings area.

I'm simply looking for the black and grey one-touch - on/off button.

Question

What are the specific steps / procedure to get to this shortcut button?

5. tatonka_Hero

I'm not running the stock 2.1, but it should be the same...

press the "+" on the homescreen, then select "widget", then scroll down to "settings" and select it, and there should be options for airplane mode, bluetooth, gps, mobile network, and WiFi. Each is a simple on and off 1x1 widget

abourne likes this.
  6. ccapasso

ccapasso Android Expert

you can also add the power control widget

7. eyebeam

eyebeam Extreme Android User

Non-rooted 2.1 and when I do this this I get a simple black/gray 1x1 WiFi on/off switch. I does not bring me to the settings screen.

8. abourne

Great! That was it.

I think what was confusing me is there are two widgets, one blue that gets you to the WiFi Settings menu. The other was the simple on/off button.

Thanks!

Yes, I noticed that. It takes up a whole row and I was wondering about that one. Seems to have some useful properties as well.

9. tatonka_Hero

right, a nice little toggle switch. No need to go into settings with that widget (which makes it VERY nice, and I use it every day).

There's also one that is a shortcut to the settings menu so you can adjust the settings in each respective menu

10. abourne

Yes, in fact, I'm debating which one I prefer at the moment.

The first one, as you note, is quick and easy.

The latter, however, is a nicer icon, and brings you right to the settings menu which leads you to a check box which can quickly be tapped, as well as viewing the status and various choices of wireless networks.

Similar situation with the GPS button.

HTC Hero Forum

The HTC Hero release date was July 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7200A processor, and 1350mAh battery.

July 2009
Release Date
Reviews