• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is there an adjustable LED light beam scale?

Ive been doing some research and noticed some of the new LED lights are rated to produce as much as 800 lumens .
I want to get a new scope light with an adjustable beam or standard pin point beam. I hate a flood type beam for night hunting , it lights up the brush and anything behind it is easy to loose.
What works for you guys ? I want opinions from actual users please not "arm chair" varmint hunters
thanks

Ive been doing some research and noticed some of the new LED lights are rated to produce as much as 800 lumens .
I want to get a new scope light with an adjustable beam or standard pin point beam. I hate a flood type beam for night hunting , it lights up the brush and anything behind it is easy to loose.
What works for you guys ? I want opinions from actual users please not "arm chair" varmint hunters thanks
http://www.ledstrips8.com/led-fluorescent-tube-replacement-c-9.html

Do not ignore us Armchair Hunters. Some of us that do not hunt can likely answer your questions as well or better than many hunters.

Are you connected to the three links you posted?

Upvote 0
I'm a major flashlight collector, so I know more than most about the latest LED flashlights. I don't know what you mean by "adjustable LED light beam scale" though. Could you clarify please?

If you're interested in a gun mounted LED designator with a variable spot-flood control, you might be interested in Laser Genetics products. They make laser devices with a continuously variable collimator that allow you to throw a beam no larger or smaller than what your scope sees.

My flashlight of choice is the Olight M30, which is only rated at 700 lumens max, but has three different brightness levels plus strobe. I use its sister, the M20 Crimson, which has a red LED for night vision protection. Neither of these have a variable beam though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones