• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is there an Android port of this game?

SydL

May 29, 2011
I've been searching high and low for an Android port of EA's Block'd or any other game with similar game-play. It's a classic genre and I didn't think it would be so hard to find it, but I haven't been able to find anything satisfactory in the Android Market. But I'm sure someone here has come across something similar, and I'm ready to pay if it's what I want, so I thought I'd ask here. I hope someone can help, I need some of that compulsive block-breaking goodness :D.

Here's a video of Block'd to get a better idea of the genre/gameplay: Mobile Game Sagas - Episode 12 - You are BLOCK'D! - YouTube

Thanks in advance!

What you're looking for is COLLAPSE ...

There are a bunch in this genre ... I first saw it as MAHKI in Touchmaster and PopCap stole er ... remade it as BIG MONEY.

Thank you so much Darkuni! Collapse is similar to what I was looking for! However, not the same as Block'd but pretty close. It's a bit on the easy side as the boxes are too large and gradually fall into play instead of a whole window of lovely blocks to break, but this should do for now. I couldn't find the others though, but thanks again! I do hope EA ports Block'd to Android soon..

Upvote 0
Yeah man ... keep looking .. this is a very overused genre - plenty of them out there to choose from. Just have to find them. :)

Do you have a Nintendo DS? I cannot recommend the Touchmaster series enough - Mahki is fantastic and much closer to what you want... The latest version has a game called BOXXI ...

Touchmaster Connect (Review Lagoon Quick Look) - YouTube

Upvote 0
Touchmaster looks amazing, I don't have a DS though :(, although after the video I think it's definitely worth looking into getting one :D.

You're right there are many games in the genre, although few are as polished as I would like, however here are a couple of good ones I found. Thought I'd paste them in case someone else is looking out for them too.

Glassblast
Another SameGame
Jawbreaker
and of course as you mentioned COLLAPSE.

Will update if I find more.

Upvote 0
Another hour wasted last night ... Sigh...

I'm telling you - go hit Craigslist and get an old used DS Lite and Touchmaster ...

I'd KILL to have Touchmaster on my phone ... They have another game called 21 something ... name eludes me. But they give you like 5 slots - and they start giving you cards. You have to put each card into one of the slots until the slot totals 21 or has 5 cards in it (which also scores you 21). Sounds simple, but man - what an addictive game.

I think I need a petition started to get Touchmaster on Android...

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Thanks to the DraStic Nintendo DS emulator on Android? No more compromising. I can play Touchmaster's actual Mahki on my tablet.

j2lk.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones