• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is there an App for everything?

After puzzling over what app I could program for around 3 months now, I'm beginning to feel like everything has been done several times over.

*sigh*

If anyone can come up with an idea for a single developer (me) to implement, I'm listening! The challenge is, it mustn't have been done before.

I just HAD to jump in here...

Sure, just about anything that can be done has been done, but the thing is, a LOT of them really suck.
There's a reason why there are often several apps that seem to do the same thing but only one of the becomes successful in the longer term.

Do an app well, really well, and it won't matter if it's been done before as long as your's works better, easier, and doesn't create problems when it's used.

Now here's a suggestion for an app that has STILL not been done, and that is to create a full featured PIM just like the really good PIMS that used to be available in both Palms and Windows Mobile PPC's like the Dell Axim.

Android PIMS that are available are getting better, but they are all sucky in one way or another (none of them include a really good Notes feature where you can categorize notes and organize them at will).
What we need is a fully independant, non-cloud based PIM that doesn't have to be shared, but only to be backed up to a PC when desired.
Encrypt it and password protect it, and I will be first in line to actually pay for the darn thing.

It's amazing that the PIM features built into Windows PocketPC 2003 (that came loaded on my Dell Axim X5) are still so much better than what anyone seems able to do with Android almost 10 years later.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones